
Well this is me. I am 27 years old and I am an Emergency Room Nurse in Sacramento, California. I love my husband very much and have enjoyed our 4+ years of
marriage. We live in a small town outside of Sacramento on a few acres. I love to read, travel, play video games with
Jim and just treasure my uncomplicated life in which I get to enjoy the things I love.

This is Jim, my husband. Not the greatest picture, but it shows the type of person he is. He never stops, and is always looking for a challenge to conquer. He is 31 years old and has run 4 marathons so far. He loves
mountaineering, running, cycling, and traveling (among other things). He is a firefighter/paramedic in Sacramento. He is fortunate enough to be one of the few who can say they love what they do. We have a great time together.

This is Shasta. One of our four great dogs. She is about 5 years old and we have had her since she was a puppy. We actually saw her outside of a
Wal-Mart where she was with the SPCA after being dropped off on I-5 by her previous owners. We had no intention, at the time, of getting a new dog, but we could not pass up this face. Could you blame us? She is spunky, independent, and little crazy over her basketball. Sure she could stand to lose a few pounds, but it is not for the lack of trying. She is a runner (short distances, mostly after her ball). You try
having 8 kids and see how your body looks. This is actually one of her more flattering pictures.

This is Conner. He is our sweet and very sensitive boy. He is one of only 2 boys born in our litter of puppies between
Copey and Shasta. He is 4 years old and is one of the most obedient dogs I have ever known. He was sick as a puppy, so we did not immediately offer him up for adoption. A few
surgeries and one
rockin' scar later he is perfect and I am so glad we kept him. Conner loves running with Jim and chasing rocks in the corral. We are not quite sure where the hound came from between
shasta and
copey, but Conner has the sweetest howl you will ever hear. This dog has a
special place in Jim's heart.

This is Copenhagen (or
Copey). He is now almost 12 years old and is Jim's first love. He was found by Jim as a puppy abandoned and abused. It took a little
veterinary work and a whole lot of love from the Ellis family to get him on the right track. He has a mean streak and I believe has bitten everyone in the family at least once. Underneath, though, he is just insecure and has major trust issues. Him and I butt heads a lot, but we love each other. To him I get to play the evil stepmother who took away his dad. Slowing down in his later years, he spends most of his time sleeping. He still is good for a short run now and then and always loves a car ride.

This is Abbie. She is the sister of Conner and the daughter of Shasta and
Copey. I adore this dog, and to be
honest, I love how much she adores me. She is such a happy dog. Her tail never stops wagging. Not much for rough housing, she just likes to cuddle and chew on a
pine cone or two. She loves her alone time each night on the deck with her
rawhide (that she barely ever actually eats). It is
sometimes a dysfunctional family, but we all have so much fun.
1 comment:
I loved reading about your dogs...what great, loving descriptions!
Post a Comment